dinsdag 15 juli 2008

Fiep Westendorp

That's what I felt like when I came home after an enormous effort at the gym today. Although I'm a bit thinner and younger than the woman in the picture, the feeling is still the same; hoping that you maybe have lost a few pounds...

This picture is from one of my favourite illustrator Fiep Westendorp because all of her drawings makes me smile! Here's some more of her...







The one with Jip and Janneke at the circus is the same picture that my sister gave me a few years ago because she knows I love the colours that Fiep used for that. It just makes me happy! Fiep made drawings for the books of Annie MG Schmidt who was a children's book writer and every child in the Netherlands has read a book of her so everyone knows the pictures that Fiep made. Last weekend I saw that they also have Annie's books in English (at the American Book Centre in The Hague for example) so if you ever see a book of hers, buy it for your children. They don't want to miss it!

Geen opmerkingen: