zondag 22 april 2012

Coffee & quiche

Today turned out to be a great day, both weather as activity wise.

I went to the gym, did some weigth training and then took a spinning lesson. I don't take spinning lessons often but I really enjoyed myself and got a great work out. I think I'll take a few more classes starting today as it is a change of the cardio training I normally do which is the treadmill or running.

When I got home, I ate another bowl of oatmeal because I was really in the mood for it, got showered and changed and met my friend Paula to go to the city centre of The Hague. We walked around and went to Eko Plaza, another organic supermarket and bought sugar free licorice and a jar of almond/hazelnut butter.

Then we went to the Coffee Company to sit down and have a coffee. The Coffee Company is like a Starbucks and every big city in the Netherlands has one. Now I'm a relatively new coffee drinker and like to experiment to taste the coffee in various coffee places.



I ordered a latte macciato which is warm milk, 3/4 of a cup and than add espresso coffee. It was delicious! Paula had the same but added coconut syrup and I had a plain one. The atmosphere was really good and we sat at a large tables with different people next to us. It all looked very trendy! You could also buy all sorts of pastry but we passed on those because before we left, we ate a few of the oatmeal cookies I made.



When I got home, I baked a quiche. I made a vegetarian one with zucchini, red pepper, eggs, non fat French yoghurt, tomato sauce, goat cheese and salt & pepper. I put it in the over for 45 and this is the result!


The sides were a bit burned but other than that I tasted really good! I had a simple salad on the side which made it a nice dish for dinner.


Well, I'm going to start my tv evening and wait till S. comes home. I expect it will be a short evening and be in bed soon! This week is going to be a busy one!

Have a great evening and talk to you soon!

Geen opmerkingen: